Yes, to use the VAS5054 with CAR ASYST, a separate license key is required.
This license key has to be bought once and is valid for your mobile device without time limitation.
During introduction into the market we offer this license key for free within a limited time period for all new and existing customers.
The CAR ASYST APP also supports the identically constructed Softing EDICblue diagnostic interfaces that can be ordered from Softing directly. This interface cannot be used for other existing service testers as ODIS.
To connect the CAR ASYST APP to the VAS5054A follow the steps below:
1. Download the CAR ASYST APP from Google Play and install it on your Android mobile phone.
2. Connect the VAS5054A to the vehicle OBD connector.
3. Make sure that Bluetooth is activated on your mobile device and start the CAR ASYST APP.
4. Select Interface on the main page.
5. The CAR ASYST APP will start searching for adapters.
A new adapter that was not already connected is shown as Available.
A VAS5054 or EDICblue device will be displayed with its Bluetooth name that also contains the serial number of the device.
6. Tap on the entry to connect to the device. The VAS5054 is now shown as Selected in the list and it is ready for vehicle communication.
7. Use the Back key of your mobile device to return to the main page of the CAR ASYST APP.
8. When the VAS5054 connects to the vehicle the first time you have to enter its passkey (PIN) once.
For a VAS5054 device enter the 9-digit Serial number, for a EDICblue enter 0000.
Please note: Unfortunately, the Bluetooth implementations in smartphones and the VAS 5054 Adapter are sometimes imcompatible. Please verify the compatibility of your smartphone with the adapter VAS 5054. For example, you can download the demo version of the CAR ASYST app and check the connection.
More information about the demo version here.
You have to disconnect your mobile device from the VAS5054 in order to make the VAS5054 visible for other devices, e.g. your Service Tester.
Select Settings on the main page.
Select Interface on the Settings page.
The CARASYST APP now detects available interfaces.
Your VAS5054 will be listed in the list of interfaces as Selected.
Simply tap on the entry to disconnect the VAS5054.
When the device is disconnected, it is shown as Available in the list.
To remove the Adapter from your device, wipe it over the left or right edge of the screen in the list.
Yes, but not simultaneously. Either the ODIS Service Tester is connected to the VAS5054 or the CAR ASYST App.
CARASYST does not apply any changes to the VAS5054 that will have an influence on the function of the ODIS Service Testers.
Both systems can be used alternately.
On the ODIS Service Tester ODIS has to be closed before CARASYST can establish a connection to the VAS5054A. In the CARASYST App the connection to the VAS5054A has to be cut before the VAS5054 can be used by ODIS again.
CARASYST only supports the Bluetooth connection to the VAS5054A.